Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hot and Spicy Tuna Fried Quinoa Recipe

#recipes

I was desperate for fried rice so I came up with this dish so I will be able to satisfy my cravings! This is only 362 calories and it fills you up so well! If you want it to be 362 calories, then you follow my recipe to a T!

Hot and Spicy Tuna Fried Quinoa



Ingredients:
  • 7g crushed Garlic (or chopped!)
  • 38g Onions
  • 92g Century Tuna Hot and Spicy Lite
  • 3/4cup Cooked Quinoa in Water
  • 1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Pepper to taste


1. Sprinkle the Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a non-stick frying pan.


2. Saute the garlic until fragrant and golden brown.


3. Saute the tuna until it's nice and flaky (but not dry!)


4. Add the quinoa and saute until well mixed.


5. Transfer the fried rice on a dish and dry saute the onions to get them nice and crunchy. You can saute this after the garlic but I love onions so much that I want it crunchy and sweet. I don't like them soggy.



Quinoa is a great way to enjoy rice without the carbs! I love that I can have dishes now that requires rice to eat but without the carbs and the sugar!

It just takes some getting used to though specially the smell. It's not as fragrant as rice but you will get used to it!

My next recipe would be Arroz Caldo using Quinoa so watch out for that one! I have been craving for Arroz Caldo actually so I am very excited to try out the recipe that my friend gave me! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment