Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oster-izing

Yes, that's where they got the term "osterize it!" LOL. It's just like saying "Buy Colgate" when they actually mean Toothpaste.

Anyway, I have been an avid juicer for a while but I have gotten quite tired of it. Then I read so much about blending. You get all the fiber and it's yummier and fills you up more too!

Oster MyBlend Personal Blender, PhP 1,749.00


So the fact that it comes in such fun colors, it had me at pink. I love that you can buy separate bottles so you don't have to keep washing after each smoothie.



I have been wanting to buy a blender but we have a hand blender already for when we are cooking, so hubby thought that we didn't really need a blender. Plus, we had a food processor as well because we both love to dabble in the kitchen.


This is very simple to use. There are only 4 parts: The machine, the bottle, the blade, and the cover!


So, instead of the rim being on the top, it's found at the bottom, you screw the part where the blades are located.


And the spout can be located on top while you blend. But when you're done, you remove the blade and you replace it with this cover with spout.


So, I found the simplest recipe for a Banana-Almond Milk smoothie (232 calories only) online and I gave it a whirl (pun intended). My hubby wanted to try this too so I doubled the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
2 Bananas
2 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk
1 packet Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup ice (smoothie poured over ice)


So, just put everything in the blender and blend! You just put the bottle on the machine and you press down. It's really very easy to use! I pulse it though because the first time I did it, it over blended and it was runny! Hehehe... Oh, and I left out the ice too.


So it wasn't the consistency I was hoping for because instead of blending with the ice, I poured it over ice so the consistency wasn't that nice.


I also topped it with Crunchy Clusters as an extra umph! the taste is yummy but it wasn't the right consistency.


And here is the smoothie I blended the day after... I bought more ingredients! Yay! This one is a Papaya-Banana Oatmeal Smoothie (254 calories only)!


Ingredients:
1 Banana
135g Papaya
1/4cup Oatmeal soaked in 1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 packet Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup ice

Just add everything in the blender and blend!


The consistency is perfect and it really made me full longer! I love it! I love that it really got rid of any sweet cravings that I have been having! So refreshing!

I have yet to try adding yogurt to the smoothie but too much yogurt makes me a little bit nauseated because of all the gas I produce when I have too much dairy. But I will try it still.

Since I wasn't leaving the house this morning, I transferred the smoothie into a glass. I highly recommend this blender! It's for those gals who are on the go! Love it!


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:


PROS
  • Very easy to use.
  • Easy to wash.
  • You can buy as much as bottles as you want and you can blend smoothies for the entire day.
  • Portable.
  • Fits all refrigerators!
  • Bottle is BPA-free.
  • Machine is very powerful to blend ice!
  • Convenient sport-bottle to carry water as well!
  • Very affordable.
  • Comes in 4 colors.



CONS
  • 1 Year Warranty Only.



Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.





MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment