Monday, February 3, 2014

Look forward to taking Calcium everyday!

Taking Vitamins is a crucial part of everyday health and fitness. It gives you the sufficient nutrients your body needs what the food you eat can't give. Like for example, Calcium. I am not much of a milk drinker, only when I am eating cereals or oatmeal so I don't have that much Calcium and I don't get it anywhere else.

I have Caltrate Calcium Supplements but I hate taking them because they're huge. I usually dread drinking them because sometimes it takes me 2 glasses to swallow 1 pill.

CALCHEWS Chocolate and Caramel Box of 15s, PhP 180.00/box
To be honest, I was a little bit skeptic about this product because of the sugar it contains. But then again I realized the 10% of sugar that it contains per piece can be burned fast as long as you keep active. A spokesperson for the Nutrition Australia said to be Label Savvy:
"Added sugars are often lumped together with naturally occurring sugars like fructose and lactose in ‘total sugars’, making them hard to spot. Look for aliases like glucose, sucrose, sorbitol, maltose, corn syrup, molasses, malt extract and saccharides. “The higher up on the ingredients list they are, the greater the proportion of added sugar in the product,” says Hourigan.
That statement actually confuses me but as long as I don't get my sugar somewhere else like rice, pasta, or desserts, I guess the sugar that is corn syrup found on the top of the ingredients list is moot.

Chocolate CalChews
 This one tastes like Tootsie Rolls. You know? Those chewy chocolates we ate growing up? I wasn't that fond of Tootsie Rolls though so this flavor I didn't really fancy that much.

Caramel CalChews
 This Caramel flavored chews on the other hand is another story. I loved it! In fact, one time I was craving for anything sweet I ate 5 of these! But I felt sick afterwards. Hahaha! Never again. I guess that's why they limit 1 per day.

This one is from the CalChews website:
Calcium is one of the most important minerals that our body needs. It is essential to maintain strong bones and healthy lifestyles.  It has also been found to contribute to weight management, strong teeth, and helps with PMS and mood swings. 
Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K both provide the perfect combination for a more superior Calcium Supplement. Vitamin D3 is essential for proper calcium absorption that helps prevent bone diseases such as osteomalacia and osteoporosis. 
Vitamin K ensures that the full benefit of calcium is directed to where our body need it most – our bones. Vitamin K is the vitamin that binds Calcium to our bones.


I am an avid Ingredients List reader. I may not know all the ingredients, but I know the important ones to know how much you're getting in your body. The same goes with beauty products.


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
PROS
  • Affordable! Only Php 12.00 per day.
  • Readily available in supermarkets
  • Tasty! You'll always remember to take your Calcium!
  • Children as early as 7 years of age can take CalChews.
  • Calcium contributes to weight management.
  • (Calcium) Helps manage PMS symptoms!
  • Contains 500mg of Calcium in 1 chew.




NEUTRAL
  • 20 calories per piece while other Calcium supplements (like Caltrate) have 0 calories. But some people really can't take swallowing calcium pills (like my sister!).
  • Has a slight bitter after taste. I suggest brushing right after.



CONS
  • A little bit high on sugar. Might not be OK for people prone to diabetes, or have diabetes. Ask your doctor!
  • Contains both Corn Syrup and Sugar. I need to know more about this.




Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.




MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆



Like the CalChews Facebook Page to know more about the latest news, updates, and promos!

or visit the CalChews website to know more about this product




No comments:

Post a Comment