Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sundays with the Pilates Bar

So, a few days ago I showed you  my mini haul. And among the stuff that I got was Danskin's Portable Pilates Studio. I am dedicating my Sundays to this slow and easy workout for toning.

I used to not like working out on Sundays, but I know that my fitness/exercise momentum usually slows and come Monday, I get a bit lazy to start working out. So, I will be doing this slow and easy toning workout on Sundays.

Most articles that I found online says, that to keep yourself interested in fitness, you have to mix up your exercise routines so that you will always be interested.

Danskin Portable Pilates Studio, PhP 1,269.75


When you open the box of the Pilates Studio, you will find the 2 poles that have elastic bands attached to them. And taped to the top cover of the box is the workout DVD.


You will find the 2 bars that would fit together perfectly. Align the bar with the button to the bar with the painted dot and wait for the button to click. If you don't hear a click, twist it around a bit and the button will find the hole where it will settle.


The total pilates workout is an hour, but it really won't feel like an hour. I know! I tried it and I did all 4 levels in 1 hour and it feels great! It's not too vigorous, quite relaxing actually that will keep your heart rate up!


Here are just a few photos from my workout. Of course, I told hubby to take a few photos of me. These photos are raw. I never had the confidence to show my full body before in photos, but now that I have accepted my true weight, and have lost 6lbs in 3 weeks, I have more confidence to show my true form, because I know that eventually I will be leaner, thinner, stronger, and healthier!


Check out Umi accompanying me while I do my Pilates!


As you can see, for a 5'5 woman of 184 lbs, my legs are quite thin. My legs have never really been my problem area. It's really my torso where all the fat is located.

My arms have gained extra fat, but it never really ballooned as well because most of my fat shows in my face and my stomach.


So when I am working out, I have to keep my torso engaged so that it gets a good workout. I have to stay away from carbs as well, and I know that in no time, my midsection will be leaner!

I highly recommend this Pilates Bar because it gives a good sweat and the muscles a good workout. Perfect for slow days like Sundays!

Let's GO GO GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment